80 Thoughts on Creativity to Spark Your 2021
Here are 80 Thoughts on creativity to spark your 2021
If you look at a caterpillar, you would never know that a butterfly will soon form with time — the same goes for your creations — the more time you put into it, eventually, something beautiful will emerge.
Have you ever gazed upon a piece of artwork and thought to yourself, “I wish I could do that?”
Or witnessed someone draw a sketch and be awe-inspired?
Or seen someone’s unforgettable post and quickly reshared?
If you have, in either case, you were touched by creativity.
What is creativity?
Simply put, creativity is the ability to generate and refine ideas, which
involves transforming those ideas into reality.
It seems straight forward, but creativity is a skill that can be a challenge to bring forward. It can be a challenge because we sometimes don’t believe we are as creative as we think.
But guess what? We actually do have creativity within us and display many forms of it daily.
Sometimes all that is needed is a reminder from creative thought to bring it forth, and with such a crazy year like 2020, we can use all the creativity in the world to spark 2021 and forward.
With that said, here are 80 Thoughts on creativity to spark your 2021
Photo by Riccardo Annandale on Unsplash
- The best question to sum up creativity is, What if? Or Why not?
- When curiosity is acted upon, it becomes creativity.
- To be creative, you must wander — don’t be afraid of losing yourself in its creation.
- Creativity can be learned through practice — so practice daily.
- To be creative, you need a thin skin to feel the world and a thick skin to protect you from the critics. (In any of your creations)
- Creativity is a journey, not a destination.
- Most creativity stems from your interaction with other people, so fully engage with your surroundings. There are fascinating people out there — don’t be a hermit.
- At its best, creativity is unexplainable — go with the flow.
- If you look at a caterpillar, you would never know that a butterfly will soon form with time — the same goes for your creations — the more time you put into it, eventually, something beautiful will emerge.
- Creativity is not a thing — it is a way of life.
- When what we expect to happen does happen, there is no creativity.
- The straight and narrow is never the way to creativity.
- Go further than you think you can. That is where you will find creativity.
- New experiences fuel creativity; the more you seek new experiences, the more creative you are likely to become — travel more — see life more.
- Birds of a feather flock together, Right? So find some creative birds (crew of creatives).
- Creativity consists largely of rearranging what we know to find out what we don’t know.
- Creativity decays when it is not used and flows when it is regularly tapped.
- Creativity is always a question, never an answer.
- We must be willing to look again at what we normally take for granted and creatively appreciate it.
- To find creativity — go in search of yourself.
- Creative ideas do not only produce great art or content, but it sometimes produces great wealth too.
- We all have creativity within us, but you must turn creativity into action to actually be creative.
- Creativity grows from uncertainty.
- “Creative work is not a selfish act or bid for attention on the part of the actor. It’s a gift to the world and being in it. Don’t cheat us of your contribution. Give us what you’ve got.” — Steven Pressfield
- The most creative people you will ever come across are children. To know the essence of creativity, then observe them in action — watch kids play, and you will see the playbook for creativity.
- Everything in the world is connected. Creativity is about finding connections where they are least expected.
- The ability to ignore distractions is one of the key skills required to think creatively.
- Creativity is a struggle against nothingness.
- Set out to please nobody but yourself. You can’t be creative if you are worried about what others will make of what you create.
- Don’t ever be without a pen, paper, or notes app. You never know when creativity will strike.
- Undo some of your routines — try to do at least one thing differently each day. Breaking routines often releases creative thought.
- “Write down at least 10 ideas daily — that will spark ideas and mix and match the ideas.” — James Altucher.
- Walk with your thoughts. Talking daily walks are great for mental stimulation.
- Work in different environments to stimulate creativity.
- Don’t beat yourself when progress is slow. Leave your work and return to it when you are feeling refreshed.
- Set your own agenda. Just because others work differently doesn’t mean you have to do the same thing.
- Get around art — either in museums, galleries, artistic people, and study their techniques.
- Don’t compare yourself to others — you think differently, so your creative output should be different as well.
- Everyone is a creative wizard when it comes to thinking up excuses for not trying to be creative.
- Express not impress.
- Meditation is useful for getting in a creative mindset.
- Keep learning to inspire yourself. Learn a new skill, take a class, or study new subjects via Youtube.
- Celebrate the small wins after you hit your creative goals. Treat yourself.
- Use everything around you as material for your creative process.
- The only barriers to your creativity are the ones you set up for yourself.
- Don’t worry about not being too far ahead — as long as you are doing.
- All roads lead to nowhere if you don’t know where you want to go.
- Do what you can rather than focusing on what you can’t.
- Every idea seems crazy at first.
- Small steps now will lead to better progress than waiting to take a big step in the future.
- To find creativity, lose your fear of being wrong.
- Doing monotonous tasks like washing dishes, painting, or laundry can sometimes free your mind to wonder creative thoughts.
- If you only create when you are in the mood, you will create very little.
- Nothing is more satisfying than enjoying your creation after you have struggled to create it.
- Trying to control everything only leads to frustration and predictability. Learn how to let go of your desire to control everything.
- If you’re trying to work creatively at a computer, make sure to close all the programs that do not relate to your work. Having too many tabs and windows will make you want to check emails and other stuff.
- As long as you act on inspiration, you will always have a pool of creativity to work from.
- If an idea is too fragile to survive being bounced around, it wasn’t a very good idea.
- The commute to and from work can be the most inspirational part of the working day.
- Through creativity, you can promote yourself tremendously.
- Create something that will outlive you.
- Creativity lies within us all. The trick is to learn how to open ourselves up to discover what is already there.
- The only real journey we take in life is within ourselves.
- “We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.” — Kurt Vonnegut.
- It is only through doing that the spirit is released.
- “The man who has no imagination has no wings.” — Muhammad Ali.
- “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” — Maya Angelou.
- Imagination is the beginning of creation.
- Art is a marriage of the conscious and the unconscious.
- “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” — Gore Vidal.
- Your fear of failure can be defeated only by your desire to succeed.
- You are never a failure if you are enjoying creating.
- When your mind wanders, follow it — dont let it wander off without you.
- Every day, read/skim chapters from books on at least four different topics and mash the ideas together.
- “Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we might win by fearing to attempt.” — William Shakespeare.
- The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
- “To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” — Elbert Hubbard.
- You are what you create.
- Everything you experience during the creative process — both negative and positive — ultimately contributes to the finished creative work.
- CREATE, CREATE, CREATE.
Photo by "My Life Through A Lens" on Unsplash
Let these 80 creative thoughts help you spark a creative 2021.
I look forward to being inspired by what you create.
Thanks for Reading and Take Care.
Writer | Motivator | Reading Habits Coach | Content Creator. Around Me, Everyone Wins!