Boston Cream Pie is the Official State Dessert of Where? (Fun Facts)
This article discusses the Boston cream pie fun facts. It is a classy American sponge cake coated with chocolate. Continue reading ...
This article discusses the Boston cream pie fun facts. It is a classy American sponge cake coated with chocolate. Continue reading for more interesting facts.
Learn More about the Boston Cream Pie History
1. M. Sanzian, an Armenian-French chef, invented the Boston Cream Pie in 1856 at Boston’s Parker House Hotel.
2. Although they call it a Boston cream pie, it is actually a cake rather than a pie.
3. In 2003, Massachusetts named the Boston cream doughnut the official doughnut of Massachusetts.
4. On December 12, 1996, the government named Boston Cream Pie the official Massachusetts state dessert.
5. Southern New Hampshire University culinary students created the world’s largest Boston Cream Pie in 2010.
Housekeeping in Old Virginia, by Marion Cabell Tyree, published the following recipe for Boston Cream Cakes in 1879:
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups of water
1 pound of butter
Bring the butter and water to a boil, then stir in the flour while it is still hot;
Once cool, add the well-beaten eggs.
Place a large spoonful in each muffin ring and bake for 20 minutes in a hot oven.
Their cream is made as follows:
Cook one cup of milk, less than a cup of sugar, one egg, three teaspoons of cornflour, and one tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
Only boil for a few seconds. When the mixture has cooled, add vanilla extract to taste.
Cut the cakes open and fill them with the cream.
We hope we have met your expectations regarding facts about pBoston Cream Pie. For more fun facts, visit our page.
Information Report gives daily updates on technology, trends, travels, opportunities and lots more!