eCommerce Software that are Free to Start an Online Store
A list of eCommerce Software that are Free to Start an Online Store.
eCommerce has been growing exceptionally over the years, and total eCommerce sales are expected to reach $6.54 trillion by 2023 . Also, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the projected sales growth stats. After the pandemic, there is an unprecedented demand among retailers & brick & mortar store owners to start their own eCommerce stores.
To help retailers & small business owners set up an online store at a minimal cost, I would like to share a list of eCommerce store builders that allow starting an online eCommerce store for free.
Please note: I didn't include eCommerce platforms that only offer a free trial for limited days.
A very popular name among eCommerce store builders. WooCommerce is backed by WordPress that allows selling unlimited products in the free plan without any kind of transaction fee. The free plan comes with standard eCommerce features such as themes, multiple payment options, SEO, etc.
What I like in the WooCommerce platform:
- Sell unlimited products in the free plan
- The platform is rich with eCommerce features
- Zero transaction fee
What I dislike in the WooCommerce platform:
- Free themes are not well-designed
- Mobile apps are not available in the free plan
Launched in 2015, Quick eSelling is a known eCommerce store builder. It is a hosted online store builder that allows startups and SMBs to create an eCommerce store at zero capital investment. Unlike some other free eCommerce store builders, it offers both web and app in the free plan.
What I like about Quick eSelling:
- In the free plan, website and app set up is included
- Quick setup. No Coding knowledge is needed
- Manage web/apps from a single dashboard
What I dislike about Quick eSelling:
- In the free plan, themes are limited
- In the free plan, only 1000 products listing are allowed
Prestashop is an oldie eCommerce platform that started in 2005. To create an online store with Prestashop, you just need to visit its website, and you can download the script to set up an online store. Like WooCommerce, you can upload unlimited products in the free plan.
What I like in the Prestashop eCommerce platform:
- Upload unlimited products in the free plan
- Easy to install
- Open-source eCommerce platform, so it can be easily customized
What I dislike in the Prestashop eCommerce platform:
- Technical support is not available in the free plan
- The user-interface is not engaging
FreeWebStore is also a considerable eCommerce store builder to set up an online store. The free plan comes with SSL, multiple online payment options, & Zero transaction charges.
What I like about FreeWebStore:
- The free plan comes with standard eCommerce features
- Custom support is available in the free plan
What I dislike about FreeWebStore:
- Only 20 products listing are allowed in the free plan
- UI UX of the system is not very impressive
It is a multi-lingual eCommerce platform that offers some powerful features to start an online store. With Mozello, you can create an online store in only 20 mins.
What I like about Mozello
- Feature-rich eCommerce store builder
- Quick & Easy set up
- No technical skills required to start
What I dislike about Mozello:
- In the free plan, only 10 products listings are allowed
- No credit card payments
- SSL is not included in the free plan
Please feel free to share other eCommerce store builders' names that are free.
Disclaimer: I have checked the demos and websites of the above 5 e-commerce platforms to verify the information in this article. However, I would suggest that everyone check the demo and other key information based on your business needs and goals before choosing any of these platforms.