Is email marketing still effective, and what makes it so?
Is email marketing still effective? A lot of people doubt the effectiveness of email marketing. I've tried to answer this.
Is Email marketing still effective for business? We may forget that email marketing is still one of the most efficient tools for business promotion and marketing in our hectic day-to-day lives.
They are the finest approach to stay in touch with your consumer base because they are invisible, intriguing, effective, and so much more.
They are a silent form of promotion that we become aware of after we begin to use them.
Email marketing has been one of the most popular means of marketing for the past 20 years. However, there has recently been a lot of debate about whether email marketing is effective or not.
Many people believe it is now dead, but is this true? I mean, don’t we all check our inboxes whenever we get a new message? Doesn’t this imply that it’s still effective?
In this blog post, we’ll look at whether email marketing is still effective, and if so, what makes it so. I’ve been working in the digital marketing field for a while now, and practically all of my clients use email marketing as a promotional tool.
So let’s get started.
Is email marketing dead or does it still works in 2021
Is email marketing dead? If you talk to many online marketers, they will tell you it is. According to them, people just aren’t opening their emails anymore.
Luckily, this isn’t the case.
Fewer people are being bombarded with a wall of promotional messages, which is one of the things that caused the decline in open rates.
Email marketing is far from dead, and there are lots of ways you can get more people to open your emails, without resorting to gimmicks.
Email marketing isn’t dead, and it’s not going away anytime soon. It’s more powerful than it’s ever been.
The age of email and the volume of spam emails they receive every day are the main reasons why this question arises in people’s minds.
Email is the most ancient form of communication, and it has long been utilised in marketing. Of course, the manner it was used in the past is no longer the same.
Email marketing relies heavily on user segmentation, demographics, personalisation, automation, content optimization, and responsive design.
Here’s why email marketing is still effective in 2021
Email marketing is still successful, and it is one of your most potent communication methods. It enables you to communicate with your customers and inform them of new deals, discounts, and special offers.
Furthermore, email aids in the growth of your firm by providing information about new items or special deals.
Even though email marketing has been around for a long time, it remains a potent tool for both corporate and personal marketing.
In fact, email remains one of the most effective ways to communicate with people and generate leads.
Marketers today employ a variety of strategies to contact their target audiences and sell their products, but email marketing remains a viable option.
Here are some other statistics.
- Email marketing has the best return on investment: Yes, email marketing is still very much alive and kicking! When it comes to ROI, email marketing offers the highest ROI.
- 92% of Adults use emails: Most Adults use emails to communicate with others. In addition, many companies depend on sending mails for getting information across to the customers.
- Emails are effective than Social media: Emails are 44 times more effective than social media when it comes to acquiring the customers. With the same budget in hand you can reach 2000 people with your email marketing, but you can only reach 16 people on social media.
- Email gives the highest open rate: A consistent trend in email marketing is that emails are performing better each year. For example, emails have more than 25 % click-through rate (CTR) when they are sent. This means 25% of users will open emails and view your content or read your message.
How do you measure the success of email marketing?
What criteria do you use to evaluate the effectiveness of email marketing? That is a common question we get asked, and it is a valid one.
It’s simple to track and evaluate the effectiveness of your email marketing initiatives. As a small business, you have the option of using any suitable email marketing service provider. When you’re finished with your campaign, go to your ESP’s dashboard and look at the various KPIs.
Here are some email marketing KPIs to keep an eye on.
- Deliverability: The number of persons who received your email from the sent list is known as deliverability. It is preferable if all the people on your mailing list or campaign receive the emails. Maintain a high level of deliverability.
- Open rate: It is the number of subscribers who have opened an email out of a series of emails delivered. Try to come up with a nice and click-worthy subject line to increase the open rate.
- Click-through rate: It’s the number of people who have opened your email and clicked on a link.
- Conversion rate: It’s the amount of people who have clicked on the link and completed any of your objectives, such as making a purchase or downloading an e-book.
- Unsubscribe rate: In any campaign, the number of subscribers who have unsubscribed. Not Sending too many emails will help you avoid this.
- Spam complaints: It’s the number of people who have marked your email as spam. To avoid this, don’t send emails to those who aren’t interested.
- Social shares: It’s the amount of times your email content has been shared on social media platforms.
What is the success rate of email marketing?
The return on investment (ROI) can be used to determine the success rate. Email marketing has been found to have the best return on investment (ROI) of any digital marketing channel.
The overall success rate of email marketing depends heavily on the industry you’re in, but it also depends upon how effectively you use it.
The current state of email marketing
The current state of email marketing is quite stable, which is why it’s a good time to make long-term investments in it. At this time, email marketing is the prominent digital marketing channel.
In today’s digital age, email marketing and newsletters are still one of the most popular ways to communicate with potential clients.
Like any good long-term investment, email marketing takes time and patience. The future of email marketing looks very strong, so the opportunity to invest in it is real.
What techniques and tactics are having the most impact on consumer email marketing? Check out the infographics below to learn more.
Source: Campaign Monitor
What makes email marketing so effective?
Here are a few reasons why email marketing is an essential medium for all small businesses.
- Email marketing is cost-effective: Email marketing initiatives are undoubtedly the most cost-effective choice. There is no cost for obtaining new clients because you are targeting folks who have signed up to receive your emails.
- Direct communication: Email marketing is direct communication with your audience. It’s the fastest way to get your content information directly to your customers. It’s also a valuable task for small companies.
- Feedback and survey: Emails can help you collect feedback and surveys from your clients because they are a direct contact medium.
- Promote your content: When it comes to promoting your work, email lists come in handy. It is critical to gain the initial engagement if you have a YouTube channel or a blog article.
- Keeping in touch with your customers: At least once a day, everyone checks their email. If you send an email during peak hours, there’s a good chance it’ll get read. In the congested world of social media, it’s a good method to stay in touch with your customers.
What role does email marketing play in small business?
Email marketing is important for every small business. It helps you connect with your customers, stay in touch and even generate conversions.
As a small business owner, email marketing is undoubtedly one of the most tried and proven strategies to attract traffic.
There have been entire books written on the subject. The goal of email marketing is to have a clear call to action that directs people back to your website, so they can conduct business with you.
Let’s look at the advantages of email marketing for your small business.
Email marketing has a lot of benefits for small businesses.
Email marketing is a powerful tool for the small business owner. It can be used for list building, getting your website in front of potential clients, engaging with customers and making sales! These are just a few advantages of email marketing for small business.
Here are more,
- Reaching The Right Audience: This is definitely one of the most significant benefits of employing email marketing for your small business. The real purpose of marketing is to reach the correct audience.
- It can open new opportunities: Email can help you connect with the proper people and start the communication process in today’s congested world of social media and continual distraction.
- Increased Awareness: When you send out useful information and insights to your email list on a regular basis with the goal of educating your audience, your company will quickly gain awareness.
- Cost-efficient marketing channel: When it comes to purchasing any item or service for a small business, money is a major consideration. Email marketing, on the other hand, could be an exception. All you have to do is pay for an email service provider tool and put out the effort necessary to grow your email list. Unlike social media, where each campaign must be paid for.
- Effective Calls to Action: Some emails may serve only one purpose: to direct consumers to your landing page and ask them to perform a certain action. This is the most direct and effective call to action I’ve ever seen.
- Personalization: You may be very personal and compose mass emails with email marketing. A personal touch will aid in the development of confidence in your brand.
- Reporting: Many ESP products include an inbuilt dashboard that shows you what’s happening with your campaign, so you can see what’s working and what needs to be tweaked.
- Increased traffic to your website: When you have a sufficiently large email list, you can make use of it to generate initial interaction and traffic.
- Boost your sales and revenue: For some small enterprises, this may be their ultimate goal. When you have a committed customer base with whom you contact on a regular basis, you can accomplish this.
Email marketing isn’t going away anytime soon. It’s just recently evolved, and it now encompasses a lot more than just dull emails.
Everyone today wants to be noticed among the throngs of email list subscribers. This implies that you must abandon the old method of mass marketing and attempt something fresh.
It might be difficult to find the time to reach out to potential clients through traditional marketing methods. Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective choices for small firms and single traders with limited resources. Working on a shoestring budget, email marketing has shown to be an effective approach to reach out to clients and create relationships in a timely manner.
Let’s face it. The world of email marketing is all about influence and trust. It is important that you provide the right content to your subscribers if you want them to convert into buyers. This means that a lot of times you need professional help with writing killer email content.
Improve your email marketing strategy
If you want your email list subscribers to open and read the material or items you’re about to give them, you’ll need to use psychology-based strategies to attract their attention.
When you own a small business, it’s very important to be aware of how you can reach your target audience effectively and inexpensively. This is where the use of email marketing comes into play. If you’re an entrepreneur or small business owner who is looking for effective marketing options for your company, then I can help you.
Let me know if you require any assistance with email marketing or with developing and implementing a successful email marketing plan for your company. You can reach out to me here.
If you are new to email marketing, checkout my blog: Email marketing for small business.
Are you new to digital marketing and unsure where to begin with your small business’s marketing?
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing for Small Businesses
Here are my recommended email marketing tools
Disclaimer: There are few affiliate links in this article. When you click them and go to the website and purchase something I’ll get little commission. It will not charge you anything more. It helps me keep writing such blog posts for you :)
I assist startups in launching their Digital Marketing campaigns.