Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log: Comprehensive Solutions
The ‘Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log’ will get fully eliminated if you implement the aforementioned solutions in the valid sequence on your system.
QuickBooks Point of Sale (QBPOS) is an accounting application specially designed for small business units, and it offers various features, including payment & return processing as well as seamless inventory management. Some technical errors, however, hamper the normal use of QBPOS, and one of the common examples of these errors is the ‘Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log’. This error comes up when the QB user attempts to open up the QBPOS on the computer.
This blog will illustrate various reliable solutions that you can easily implement to eradicate this technical glitch.
Confronting the ‘Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log’? Simply dial +1-855-948-3646 to obtain the best guidance from our QB Experts Team.
QuickBooks POS Application Log Error: Most Common Factors
The QuickBooks POS Application Log Error generally occurs due to the reasons explained as follows:
- The QBPOS Shell folder might be corrupted on the system, and that may cause problems while accessing QBPOS.
- You may not have logged into Windows using the admin account, and that can trigger issues while opening QBPOS on the computer.
You may also read:- QuickBooks error 15103
Easiest & Most Reliable Solutions to Rectify POS Application Log Error in QuickBooks
The POS Application Log Error in QuickBooks can be fully eliminated using the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Stop the execution of ‘QBPOS Shell’ on the system & then rename the QBPOS Shell Folder to resolve this problem
- To halt the execution of ‘QBPOS Shell’, you shall first need to bring up the Windows Task Manager by pressing the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete’ keys on the keyboard & then you can promptly select the ‘QBPOS Shell’ option shown under the ‘Processes’ tab.
- Just tap the ‘End Task’ button at the bottom to completely halt the execution of ‘QBPOS Shell’, and after that, you must immediately launch the ‘File Explorer’ on the system.
- In the ‘File Explorer’ window, you need to jump to the ‘View’ tab so that you can easily mark the ‘Hidden Items’ checkbox and, thereafter, launch the ‘Intuit’ folder present in the ‘C: drive’ following which you can effectively access the ‘QBPOSshell.exe’ folder with the latest date.
- Now, attentively right-click on the ‘user.config’ file’s icon to choose the ‘Rename’ option, after which you can easily add a fresh word like ‘oldbot’ to the end of its name: ‘user.configoldbot.’
- After saving this fresh name by hitting the ‘Enter’ key, you can successfully open up QuickBooks POS on the system.
Related article:- QuickBooks error 12002
Solution 2: Generate a fresh Windows admin user account & then use it to ensure successful access to QuickBooks POS
- To make a fresh Windows admin user account, you must launch the ‘Control Panel’ & then click on the ‘Accounts’ tab so that you can easily choose the ‘Family & Other Users’ option on the screen.
- After that, promptly hit the ‘Add someone else to this PC’ and the ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’ buttons in a successive manner, and then you shall just strike the ‘Add a user without a Microsoft account’ option to write valid username & password in the relevant field.
- Once you have successfully created a fresh Windows user account, you must go back to select its username from the ‘Family & Other Users’ option, and then you can easily change its status to ‘Administrator’ by using the ‘Change account type’ option.
- Now, use this fresh Windows admin user account to log into Windows, and then you will be able to easily open up the QuickBooks POS on the computer.
The ‘Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log’ will get fully eliminated if you implement the aforementioned solutions in the valid sequence on your system. For more guidance & help, dial +1-855-948-3646 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Read more:- QuickBooks 2020 error 1603 windows 10