Features of a Progress-Friendly World
What can you do personally to accelerate progress and bring closer the transhumanist future?
In this short article, I list some features which I think would be typical for a world friendly to progress, transhumanism, and technological development.
The scroll is by no means complete, but it delivers an approximate and illustrative understanding of what can we change in our society in order to accelerate the growth of science, technology, and, what is more important, their benefits for humanity, especially the most strategic ones (survival, expansion, minimization of suffering, growth of puissance).
Let me switch directly to the list:
- People are free to choose the level, the scope, and the boundaries of their cognitive and physical modification and enhancement;
- Personal data, subject to the consent of the user who generated it, can be traded and exchanged freely, as well as it can be applied for the improvement of predictive algorithms;
- Fundamental science is not required anything above the production of fundamental science. It is funded at least on such level that marginal product is equal to marginal costs;
- Every creature which is cognitively developed at least as a human is treated at least as a human;
- In decision making, consequentialist ethics is preferred to other types of ethics;
- Science is open-source and accessible legally for everyone;
- Nothing can be prohibited or bounded just based on the fact of its unnaturalness;
- Public policy and ethics take into account the fact that free will does not exist on a fundamental level;
- Education is difficult, competitive and strong in hard skills;
- Literature and culture are studied and developed in a futurospective, not a retrospective, manner;
- People are aware of the fact that their future selves will be smarter than they;
- People are aware of their cognitive and physical limitations and treat them as something negative;
- The consequences of the inaction are ethically equivalent to the similar consequences of the action.
Again, this is not a picture, but rather a set of varicolored strokes that capture some postulates and internal assumptions of the style of the picture. There are featured in the list mostly such changes that can be implemented only on the level of communities. But what can you do personally to accelerate progress and bring closer the transhumanist future? This question is even more crucial and practically interesting.
This article was originally published by Ihor kendiukhov on medium.