Getting Rid of the QuickBooks Restore Failed Issue Permanently
. This scenario can lead to a QuickBooks restore failed error on your screen. The issue can arise due to many possible reasons, like problems with the log file. In this article, we will provide you with effective solutions to remove the QuickBooks POS restore backup failed issue.
To prevent any accidental data loss in QuickBooks, users have a feature to back up their company data. They can restore the company data backup if they ever face any issues, but sometimes, errors can arise while restoring the backup. This scenario can lead to a QuickBooks restore failed error on your screen. The issue can arise due to many possible reasons, like problems with the log file. In this article, we will provide you with effective solutions to remove the QuickBooks POS restore backup failed issue.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can contact us at +1-855-948-3646 and get assistance from our support team.
Reasons why my QuickBooks QBB File won’t restore
If your QuickBooks crashes when trying to restore backup file, the following common factors might be responsible –
- Your company file name is not as per the character limit, and it contains special characters and extra spaces.
- You are trying to save the backup file over a company file that already exists in QuickBooks, leading to backup failure.
- You are trying to restore the company file backup from a USB drive to a network drive.
- The backup file you are trying to restore does not have the right file size, and it is more than 6 MB.
- You do not have sufficient access permissions to restore the backup file, and it is only a read-only file.
- The settings of your Windows firewall, internet security, and network do not match, leading to incompatibility in performing the backup process.
You may also read:- QuickBooks error ps038
Steps on How to Fix QuickBooks Restore Failed Issue
You can resolve the can’t restore backup QuickBooks error by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Try Restoring a Different Copy of the .QBW Company File
If your QuickBooks company file and backup file are on an external drive, you can try restoring a different copy of the file in the following manner –
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu and select the Open or Restore Company option to choose the Restore a Backup Copy option.
- Select Next and hit the Local Backup option to search your computer for a backup company file.
- The file would look like yourcompanyname.qbb, and you need to select a folder where you would like to save the QuickBooks backup restore.
- Choose the Open option and remember that if you open the backup in the same folder as your company file, it might overwrite your data.
- Avoid overwriting by renaming the existing file to make the names unique, or save the file in another folder altogether by hitting the Save button.
- Lastly, try to rerun the backup restore process to check if the issue is eliminated.
Related article:- unable to start intuit update service
You can remove the QuickBooks restore failed error by performing the step provided in this article. If the issue remains unresolved, you can reach out to us at +1-855-948-3646 and get assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Read more:- QuickBooks migration failed unexpectedly