Helping Wanderers Find Flights
A flight search tool that isn’t destination-based
2 years ago | 1 min read
I decided to create a flight search tool that catered to users who didn’t have a particular date or destination in mind, but rather, wanted to browse available flights narrowed down by other factors.
I chose to feature four primary filters as well as a tucked away filter option to contain the more standard filters.
- Origin — Where the user is based so they’re presented with flights that originate in that city (this would be the only required field)
- Max Price — A primary concern for most travelers
- Max Hours — The duration of the flight for those uninterested in spending too much time on a plane
- Destination Type — Ski trip or beach trip?
- Other Filters — For standard filters like airline, number of stops, date selector, ticket type (one way, two way, multi city), etc.
As a user select more filters, the pool of options narrows down, and once the user is satisfied, they can browse and book the flight of their choice.