A leader with absolute power
What happens when a leader focuses too much on his or her own strengths and the weaknesses of others? It is exemplified by a leader who has absolute power.
What does it actually mean to have or to rule with absolute power?
Absolute power means the complete authority to act in an area, not restrained by supervision or review.*
- There is no restriction to the leader’s powers,
- There is no one to stop them,
- The leader has the ultimate decision,
- The leader has no obligation to accept feedback,
- The leader has power over anyone else.
When human greed and selfishness are taken into account, things could quickly get worse.
The fact that leaders are more likely to focus on their own strengths than on their weaknesses can create additional issues since the likelihood of making some critical errors is increased.
What would happen if these negative leaders' tendencies went to extremes?