What Marketing Managers are doing differently in 2021
Marketing Managers in 2021 | Find your job tree.
Is Marketing the same as it was five years ago? I’m sure most of you would agree that it isn’t. Yet, our education and job descriptions remain quite similar.
We see new campaigns for promoting corporate social responsibility every other day and feel compelled to ask, what is it that Marketing experts are doing differently these days?
With a very brief experience in the field of marketing, I can however share the POV of a millennial trying to reshape the world of Marketing!
Marketing Managers are the intermediary between the world & the brand.
The traditional understanding also clearly says that a marketing manager controls all communication between a company and its customers. Why then, do we now look at people in marketing as unwitty sellers than the creators of change?
Let’s try and understand what a marketing manager in the US does exactly. JobTrees quotes the role of a marketing manager as “Marketing managers play a crucial role in helping an organization promote and sell its products to its customers which requires them to develop strategic marketing plans for their organization and overseeing it’s implementation and execution.
They can lead and influence how a brand is perceived in the market with duties can cover the spectrum of how an organization communicates.
They are responsible for creating marketing strategies, managing junior marketing team members, guiding social media, SEO, Google AdWords and other platform performance and often creating content for for their organization.”
What is a Marketing Manager?
A marketing manager is responsible for:
- Creating promotional messages and themes to drive business
- Coordinating marketing strategies across multiple channels
- Managing budgets for media and marketing campaigns
- Building relationships with national and local media outlets
- Creating the company’s social media strategy
- Evaluating the performance of campaigns and troubleshooting those that underperform
- Monitoring and improving the website and digital presence through SEO
- creating impactful strategies to reach the target audience
- Working with the customer service department to address problems
- Brainstorming ways to promote new products or initiatives
- identifying the target audience of a brand, creating capturing content
- Analyzing advertising return and reporting findings to upper management
Expected Qualification of a Marketing Manager
A marketing manager in the US is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Public relations
- Accounting and finance
- Business management
What are the marketing managers doing differently in 2021?
The campaigns today are not as simple as they once used to be. Today, they are more consumer centric. They speak to the audience’s concerns. They bring out the aspects of fun, social responsibility, emotional connections and what the people want a solution for.
Here are a few examples of the best marketing campaigns from 2020/1:
- Cadbury India ran a campaign to support the local community of retailers across the country using compelling AI Techniques.
- Mountain Dew made sure that their newest ad would be the most watched advertisement of 2021!
- UN Women’s latest campaign aims at #ActForEqual for equal rights for women.
These are just a few of the many examples of how marketing managers all over the world make a difference. If you want to make a difference and want to understand how to build a career as a marketing manager, find your Job Tree here.
Shubhrika Dogra is a published poetess, a digital marketer by profession and an artist at heart. She published her first free-verse poetry collection in April 2020 and has so far sold over 200 copies of her book. She tries to put herself in challenging situations as an avid traveler & carefree soul.