How To Post on Facebook: A Complete Guide to improve Engagement
let’s see how to post on Facebook from desktop and mobile, and also show how you can schedule facebook posts ahead of time using a social media scheduling tool.
Facebook is the biggest social media platform used by people all around the world. It holds the largest user base of around 2.89 billion monthly active users. Thus, if you are not a part of it yet, it’s now a good time to create an account. Doesn’t matter whether you want to connect with your close ones or promote your business through social media marketing, it is necessary to know how to make the most out of the platform.
How to post on Facebook from desktop
- Go to www.facebook.com. This will open your Facebook News Feed if you're already logged in. If not, enter your email address and password to log in to your account.
- Now, in the center of the screen, you will see a box saying ‘What’s on your mind?’.
3. Click on it and a pop-up will appear. Here, you can add all the details of your post. You can write the caption, use emojis, add photos or video, add a check-in location, tag people, or host a QnA session.
4. Add all the details you want and click on ‘Post’ to make it live.
How to post on Facebook from mobile
To post on Facebook from your phone, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your account from the Facebook app.
- On the top of the screen, you’ll see a box saying ‘What’s on your mind?’. Click on it and you’ll see all the options that you can use.
- Write the caption and upload photos/videos. You can also upload reels from your phone. Additionally, there are options to start a live video, host a QnA, create layouts, and upload a check-in.
- After adding your choice of details, click on ‘Post’
How to schedule posts on Facebook
Using a social media scheduling tool to schedule Facebook posts is a great way to post on multiple accounts at the same time. If you are someone who manages multiple accounts, pages, or groups, scheduling beforehand can be very helpful as it can help sort out days and weeks of content at once. RecurPost is the only social media scheduler that lets you bulk schedule posts on profiles, pages, and groups together.
Here’s how to use it:
- Create an account on RecurPost and begin your 14-day free trial.
- After signing up, you will be taken to the dashboard where you will see a button saying ‘Add social accounts’.
Click on it and a pop-up will appear. Under the Facebook section, there will be three options: Profile, Page, and Group.
You can add all of your accounts one by one. If you are not already logged in from your browser, you will be taken to the login screen and then asked to give certain permissions to RecurPost in order to be able to post on your behalf. RecurPost doesn’t store or use any of your credentials.
3. After your accounts are connected, you can start creating one-off posts and adding content in libraries. To create a one-off post, click on the ‘Share a post’ button on the dashboard.
In the pop-up window, add all the details of the post - caption, photos, video, hashtags, emojis, or links. Then select the FB accounts and schedule the post for your desired timings.
Here, you will get an option of ‘Auto-schedule for best time’ which will help post the right content at the right time. On selecting it, RecurPost will study the engagement level received in your previous posts and will find out your unique best time to post on Facebook. After adding all the details, click on the ‘Schedule’ button.
4. To add content in libraries, simply go to the Libraries section. Three libraries will be created by default - you can create as many as you want to. Select the library in which you want to add content. You can add a single update, add images/text/link posts in bulk, add content through a CSV/excel file, import content from a social account, or set up an RSS feed.
After adding content, you have to set a recurring schedule so that the content in the library can go out on your social accounts. Go to the library and navigate to the ‘Your schedule’ tab. Then click on ‘Add recurring schedule’. Select the frequency at which you want the updates to be uploaded. Choose an option between weekly or monthly cycles, set the time, and click on the ‘Add Schedule’ button.
How to post on Facebook to increase engagement
- Curate content that relates to your audience. People on Facebook are generally interested in informative, inspirational, or entertaining content. If you provide them with such posts, they are bound to engage with it.
- Dig into analytics and learn about your audience. Facebook’s analytics lets you learn about your audience demographics, age group, gender, location, and interests. Then create content by keeping that data in mind.
- Find out the time when your audience is the most active. Either you can conduct A/B tests and find out your best time, or you can use a social media scheduler like RecurPost that provides the option of scheduling posts for the best time.
- Post behind-the-scenes content to give a personal touch to your content.
- Create content on trending topics. It increases the chances of appearing in people’s feeds which ultimately boosts engagement rates.
- Engage with your followers regularly. Reply to each and every comment and DM that you receive.
Now that you know how to post on Facebook and what kind of content to create, start making a content calendar to build your presence on the platform. Take the 14-day trial of RecurPost to experience scheduling facebook posts ahead of time and fill up your feed with awesome content!
Read More : https://recurpost.com/blog/how-to-post-on-facebook/
Digital marketing Strategist
I am a Digital marketing strategist with 7+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. I have been part of RecurPost team for the last 2 years and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence. With progressive experience in digital marketing aspects like SEO, SMO, SEM, Google analytics, and email marketing, I have successfully created and executed astounding growth campaigns.