QuickBooks Error 1920: Easy, Effective & Reliable Resolutions
By correctly executing the resolutions described above, QuickBooks Error 1920 can be fully eradicated.
QuickBooks Error 1920 can strike during the installation and update process of the QB Desktop application on the computer. In addition, this error has also been observed while attempting to get the required updates of the QB Database Server Manager on the server computer. This error simply means that the QB Database Server Manager has failed to start on your system, and therefore, it cannot establish any connection with the company files stored in the local hard drive.
Confronting QuickBooks Error 1920? Just dial +1-800-579-9430 to contact our QB Experts Team for prompt assistance.
1920 Error Code in QuickBooks Desktop: Major Reasons
The 1920 Error Code in QuickBooks Desktop generally arises due to the factors described below:
- Damaged installation files & folders of the QB Desktop hinder its update process, thereby provoking QB Error 1920.
- Virus invasion, corrupt Windows registry, and improper installation of the QB Database Server Manager on the computer can trigger this technical issue.
You may also read:- QuickBooks error 6129 101
Suitable Resolutions for the QuickBooks Update Error Message 1920
The QuickBooks Update Error Message 1920 can be easily rectified through the resolutions stated below:
Case A: Error Gets Triggered While Installing or Updating the QB Desktop on the Computer
Resolution 1: Get the QB Desktop uninstalled from the system & then install it again after renaming the installation folder
- Firstly, you shall uninstall the QB Desktop application on your system, and for that, you shall need to access the ‘Control Panel’ and tap the ‘Uninstall a Program’ tab so that you can comfortably choose the QB Desktop application from the list displayed on the screen.
- Thereafter, strike the ‘Uninstall/Change’ button & correctly follow the rest of the steps so that the QB Desktop application gets fully uninstalled from the computer.
- At this step, you must search for the ‘Intuit’ folder situated in the ‘C: drive’ of your system, and once you locate that folder, you only need to right-click on its icon to select the ‘Rename’ option; after which you can put the word ‘oldkey’ to the end of its name.
- Now, save the ‘Intuit’ folder’s new name by tapping the ‘Enter’ key, after which you can successfully install the latest edition of the QB Desktop on your computer.
Related article:- QuickBooks company file not found
Case B: Error Gets Triggered While Getting the Latest Updates of the QB Database Server Manager on the Server
Resolution 2: Ensure that the QB Database Server Manager is uninstalled from the server & then install it again after renaming the installation folder
- First & foremost, you shall accomplish the uninstallation of the QB Database Server Manager on the server, and for that, you shall first access the ‘Run’ window by hitting the ‘Windows + R’ keys, after which you only need to type the word ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the ‘Run’ box.
- You can immediately select the QB Database Server Manager icon just after tapping the ‘OK’ button, and then it is required to choose the ‘Uninstall/Change’ button so that you can correctly follow the uninstallation process of the QB Database Server Manager.
- Now, reach the ‘Intuit’ folder present within the ‘C: drive’ of your system in order to right-click on it and then simply choose the ‘Rename’ option to attach the word ‘oldkeybot’ to the end of the ‘Intuit’ folder’s name.
- Finally, you can install the QB Database Server Manager on the server computer, and you can also fix the necessary file-sharing permissions.
By correctly executing the resolutions described above, QuickBooks Error 1920 can be fully eradicated. For further guidance, dial +1-800-579-9340 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Read more:- qbdbmgrn not running on this computer