What strategies you should use to skyrocket your business online growth
Why you need to build a strong digital presence for your brand and how you can do it
Why organizations should bring their business online?
In the digital era, it is mandatory for every business and brand to build their online presence in order to raise awareness about their products, services and offers.
An increasingly large amount of our lives is being spent online. Building an online presence, a reputation, a personal brand, whatever you like to call it - is just as important as it is to ‘brand’ yourself offline. It’s just becoming more of a necessity because more of our attention is shifting to the internet.
Digital strategies enable you to build relations with customers and prospects through regular, low-cost personalized communication, reflecting the move away from mass marketing.
If they don’t see you there, you could be losing out on the opportunity to increase your customer base and get the word out about your business.
As technology and innovations are increasing day by day, the human mindset is also shifting and is fascinated by the new innovations in the world. Customers may prefer to visit your website to find out about your products and services, instead of visiting you in person.
Here are some benefits why your business needs to build the digital presence:
- Connect with your ideal customers easily
- Increase the visibility of your brand
- Increase sales
- Build credibility and trust
- Save time and cost
- Global access, 24 hours a day anytime
- To know customers preferences and interests
- Improve client service and maintain communication
- Faster delivery of products
- Increase personalize experience
- Opportunities to manage your business from anywhere in the world.
Maintaining a digital presence is a great way to keep up with the times and provide consumers with all the opportunities they need 24*7.
Are ads required for my business?
In today’s era, ads are essential for every business. It plays a vital role for sellers, consumers and manufacturers. Advertising is important for the business as it lets the business gain more customers, thereby increasing business profit.
The key purpose of the business is to sell and earn profits. That’s where advertising helps the business. Advertising campaigns can help businesses to increase the reach to the right people by increasing the awareness about the product, benefits, features, and can help users connect the dots with powerful storytelling so that it easily resonates with your customers.
Here are 12 key reasons for using ads:
- Attract new customers
- Increase website traffic
- Help business to grow rapidly
- Promote repeat business
- Helps to create goodwill for the company
- Track and measure the analytics
- Improving your brand positioning
- Standing out from the competition
- To earn more profit
- To get more views, clicks and engagements
- To tell your compelling story
- Help to build a customer base
Importance of Social Media Platforms
Social media is another communication channel that you should consider to market your business. Choose the right channel depending on where the target audience of your brand or business is.
It‘s not an easy option to decide the best social media platforms amongst LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and Pinterest will be the best for your business without trying all of them. So it’s important to use as many as you can to increase the visibility and remember to be consistent with the creative content to post on these channels.
Content strategy and planning is the key to build your own online community and audience.
- Stick to your niche
- Create and post value-added content
- Know your audience.
Figure out the problem you’re solving for them and implement the right content strategy by using different content formats to make a difference for the brand.
It may take a good amount of time promoting your business on multiple channels to figure out which one is giving you the leads.
Mistakes generally made while trying to grow digitally:
- Not outlining the goals
- Not researching about the niche
- Not using lead magnets
- Not using customers testimonials
- Poor client service
- Not using the CTA’s (call to actions)
- Targeting the wrong audience
- Avoiding the content marketing strategy
- Not using social media with full potential
- Conveying the wrong messages
- Neglecting your website UX/UI design
- Avoiding video content
- Not measuring the ROI
- Poor copywriting and branding on website and social
- Forgetting about SEO
- Not having a blog for your website
- Lacking budgeting plans
- Hiring the wrong talent
Doesn’t require so much time: You’ll need to make a lot of time to learn things you don’t already know if you want your online business to be successful.
Start the business even if don’t have the business plan: You’ll want to create a business plan so that you’ll clearly be able to outline realistic goals and expectations for your online business.
Marketing Plan is not essential: If you want people to find out about your new business or brand, you need to find them and market your business to them, whether through social media, online ads or by using video content to raise awareness about your business.
Bonus Tip about Tools:
There are many tools available online which can help you make the process smoother.
- To automate your marketing emails and social media posts, you can use Mail Chimp, Hootsuite, and Buffer.
- Wave and QuickBooks are two Easy-to-use software for accounting
- For internal communication, you can use Slack.
- For project management and monitoring, I prefer to use ClickUp and Trello
- To design content and branding, there is one famous online tool called Canva.
No matter whether you own a small or a large venture, every venture must focus on building a strong digital presence in this digital era. It’s time to adapt and not choosing to do so might soo get you out of business.
Most people tend to use Google and other search engines to find information about a product, business, or company. Creating advertising and digital marketing campaigns that could help you boost your digital presence will ultimately make your business recognizable to your prospective customers. And when they want to buy, they would come to you.
Co-Founder, Expert Marketing & Strategy at Data BI. I navigate marketing and brand strategy for businesses and individuals.