Unable to Start Intuit Update Service: Detailed Technical Guide
While installing the QB Point of Sale (POS), users often encounter several technical errors, and one of these errors is the ‘Unable to Start Intuit Update Service’ error. This blog will illustrate the best methods through which you can effectively tackle this technical problem.
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) is a tremendously useful point-of-sale accounting application that is mainly utilized by small business enterprises for payment processing & inventory management. While installing the QB Point of Sale (POS), users often encounter several technical errors, and one of these errors is the ‘Unable to Start Intuit Update Service’ error.
This blog will illustrate the best methods through which you can effectively tackle this technical problem.
Exasperated by the ‘Unable to Start Intuit Update Service’ error? Just dial +1-855-948-3646 to contact our QB Experts Team for guidance.
QB Intuit Update Service Error Message: Most Prominent Reasons
The QB Intuit Update Service Error Message occurs due to the factors explained as follows:
- Improper installation or outdated version of the ‘Microsoft .NET framework’ can provoke this issue.
- If the QB Point of Sale (POS) installer is corrupted or damaged, then it will be difficult to install the QB POS on the computer.
You may also read:- error 2107 in QuickBooks desktop
Suitable Methods to Tackle Intuit Update Service Error in QuickBooks POS
The Intuit Update Service Error in QuickBooks POS can be resolved through the methods explained as follows:
Method 1: Properly download the most recent updates of QuickBooks POS to effectively tackle this problem
- First & foremost, open up the ‘QuickBooks Point of Sale’ application on your system so that you can tap the ‘Software Update’ tab located under the ‘Help’ menu, and thereafter, you shall simply strike the ‘Check for Updates’ option to view the newly-released updates.
- Once you observe the newly-released updates of QB POS, you shall promptly tap the ‘Update Now’ and the ‘OK’ buttons so that those fresh updates get instantly downloaded on your computer.
- After the complete download of QB POS updates, you can successfully reboot the computer & then easily install the QB POS application.
Related article:- Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 9000
Method 2: Get the QuickBooks POS uninstalled & then install it again on your computer to resolve this issue
- To uninstall the QuickBooks POS application, you should first launch the ‘Control Panel’ on the system and then strike the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option; after that, you must find the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale’ icon in the on-screen list.
- Now, double-click on the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale’ icon to choose the ‘Uninstall/Change’ button and then execute the valid step-wise process to get the QB POS uninstalled from your computer.
- Thereafter, you should carefully rename all the QB POS installation folders present in the ‘C: drive’ so that the QB Desktop application does not use them again.
- At this point, click on the ‘Manage another account’ tab in the ‘Control Panel’ so that you can select the ‘QBPOSDBSrvUser’ account, and then you shall strike the ‘Delete the Account’ option to completely remove this account.
- You should now access the ‘QuickBooks POS’ download file, and then you must implement all the necessary steps to ensure that the QB POS application gets successfully installed on your system.
The ‘Unable to Start Intuit Update Service’ error can be perfectly exterminated through the correct implementation of these methods. For more guidance, dial +1-855-948-3646 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Learn extra:- QuickBooks payroll won't update