WHY MOST OF THE ENGINEERS END UP DOING AN MBA?
It is a first professional undergraduate academic degree awarded to a student after 3 to 5 years of studying engineering at an accredited university Engineering
Tealfeed Guest Blog
Before going into the content we will get some detailed knowledge about :
- What is the Bachelor of Engineering?
- What is the Master of Business Administration?
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING?
It is a first professional undergraduate academic degree awarded to a student after 3 to 5 years of studying engineering at an accredited university Engineering is a “science”, dealing with theoretical concepts & principles.
Short term points.
- After the completion of 10+2 and completing the Diploma everyone is eligible to do this degree.
- They are focused on theoretical knowledge needed to innovative technology and to make to an idea on their own field.
- The exam procedure is based up the Internals & Externals and calculates the results in CGPA.
- The students are of two different category Regular students and the Lateral Entry students.
- After the completion of 10+2 exams are called Regular.
- After the completion of Diploma are called as Lateral Entry and they can join directly in the second year.
- The Engineering degree consists of many fields with different core related activities.
So these are some of the points which describe Bachelor of Engineering.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION?
An MBA is a short form of [Master of Business Administration]. It is a program gives engineers more exposure to business and management related issues which lack in an engineering program. An MBA degree adds strategic & qualitative skills to students, analytical capability, making them a perfect choice for any employee.
Short term points.
- It imparts a strong theoretical foundation in business concepts.
- It provides practical opportunities, internships, group assignments and individual projects to test what students learn in the class.
- MBA courses can come in a wide variety of formats:
- Full-time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Correspondence MBA
- Distance MBA
- Online MBA
Each one has its pros and cons. Though there is no single best format, the full-time MBA format can get you the biggest bang for your buck.
4. MBA course syllabus covers the following core subjects they are:
- Corporate finance
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Informational Technology
These are the core subjects in MBA.
IS DOING MBA AFTER ENGINEERING WORTH IT?
It really depends on the individual, their interests and their goals. However, getting a degree after BE is always a plus point and it gives an extra edge to your technical skills. There are lots of students who choose an MBA after completing their engineering
WHY MOST ENGINEERING STUDENTS END UP DOING AN MBA?
There are many questions that keep running through the minds of those engineers who want to try their luck in the higher studies or those who are not happy with their current situation after completing engineering. Some students choose MBA for additional qualifications, some may choose for their own interest to build their career level; some may have to choose MBA for their parents to wish and some use to choose MBA for enjoying their college life. So it depends upon the mindset what the students have.
Reasons behind pursuing an MBA.
- MBA stresses on building soft skills, which is one of the most important life skills.
- MBA buys two more years for people to figure out where they want to take their future lives.
- There are some for whom MBA is an answer to killing some more time, to avoid getting married or running away from responsibilities for a little while longer.
- Some people, who do an executive MBA or a short term MBA along with their jobs, help them grow further.
- My personal opinion is that an Engineer MBA does exceptionally well in an individual contributor role.
- If after MBA someone joins a job domain as her engineering degree, they gain the respect of others and some become productive and effective & much faster.
We conclude that most of the students prefer to choose an MBA after BE graduation is to gain more skills in the management, to make their salary scale increase and to lead the major role in their sector.
Tealfeed Guest Blog