Last Updated at: April 19, 2023
3. Community Guidelines
4. Copyright Policy
Tealfeed is a platform to exchange knowledge and connect with people of similar interests. We believe people should feel safe so that they can freely express their knowledge and openly communicate their thoughts. The following guidelines help us provide an empowering learning experience to everyone.
These guidelines apply to all the Content (including posts, texts, writings, videos, audios, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material) that is published on the Tealfeed Site across all countries.
Violation of these guidelines might result in the removal of the Content that violated the guidelines or might also lead to the temporary/permanent suspension of the user account who violated the guidelines. Tealfeed might choose to stop/limit the distribution/promotion of any particular Content at the sole discretion of Tealfeed’s editorial team.
We do not allow/encourage/appreciate any Content that threatens, encourages, or incites violence against anyone, either directly or indirectly. We may remove, limit, or block the distribution of such Content and the user accounts, individuals, groups and domains that create or spread antagonistic, explicit, false or misleading, harmful, hateful, or violent Content or behavior based on how much harm it poses.
Tealfeed is strictly against any Content that promotes/ignites violence or hatred against people based on race, sex, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or the people or group that promote hateful activities. In certain cases, if the Tealfeed team believes that a particular Content/User is promoting any sort of violence/hatred, the editorial team can choose to take appropriate measures as and when required.
We limit the distribution of, or remove such Content and user accounts, including:
- Slurs or negative stereotypes, caricatures and generalizations;
- Support for hate groups and people promoting hateful activities, prejudice and conspiracy theories;
- Condoning or trivializing violence because of a victim’s membership in a vulnerable/protected group;
- Hate-based conspiracy theories and misinformation;
- Attacks on individuals including public figures based on their membership in a vulnerable/protected group;
- Mocking or attacking the beliefs, sacred symbols, movements, or institutions of the protected/ vulnerable groups identified below
Protected and vulnerable groups include: People grouped together based on their actual or perceived race, color, caste, ethnicity, immigration status, national origin, religion or faith, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition. It also includes people who are grouped together based on lower socio-economic status, age, weight or size, pregnancy or veteran status.
The final decision regarding how a particular Content/user account indulging in any of the activities mentioned above needs to be dealt with depends at the sole discretion of Tealfeed’s Editorial team.
Tealfeed is against harassment of any kind. We may limit the distribution of or remove any kind of insulting, hateful or antagonizing Content to keep Tealfeed a positive, inspiring platform, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Threatening, shaming, bullying someone, or posting Content which might encourage others to do so;
- Manipulated images intended to degrade or shame;
- Criticisms involving name-calling, profanity and other insulting language or imagery;
- Trying to have any private/public communication with any user with an intention to annoy/harass someone; and
- Reviewing businesses, services, organizations, individual products in a hateful or abusive manner.
Graphic Violence and Threats
Tealfeed isn’t a place for graphic violence or threatening language. We limit the distribution of or remove such Content, including:
- Content that shows the use of violence;
- Disturbing scenes from before or after violent events; and/or
- Threats or language that glorifies violence.
Tealfeed is against & doesn’t allow the following activities:
- Posting Content which contains private communications and doesn’t have permission from all the individuals involved in it;
- Making private or obscure personal information public with malicious intent and/or aggregating the information available publicly with an intention to target, shame, threaten, harass, blackmail, or intimidate;
- Posting Content which contains intimate/explicit images without the consent of the subject; and
- Posting Content that makes the otherwise private information about an individual public & violates others’ privacy, including (but not limited to) confidential information such as credit card numbers, non-public phone numbers, residential addresses, email addresses.
Tealfeed is against & does not allow Content/user accounts that engage in the following restricted categories of activity:
- Promoting harmful conspiracies
- Facilitating gambling or betting
- Facilitating illegal sexual services
- Facilitating copyright violation
- Adult Nudity/ Sexual Activity
Tealfeed does not allow pornographic images or videos. Erotic writing and non-graphic erotic images are also not allowed on the Tealfeed platform.
Looking at the sensitivity of this topic, it’s very subjective to decide what should be allowed and what should be not. A user’s discretion is hence advised at all times. Our Editorial team, however, keeps trying its best to filter out what should reach our readers and what shouldn’t.
Tealfeed takes the issue of exploitation of minors very seriously and does not promote Content involving the sexual or violent exploitation of minors, either directly or in a fictional manner. That means we enforce a strict, zero-tolerance policy for any Content—including imagery, video, or text— or accounts that might exploit or endanger minors. Tealfeed prohibits, not just illegal minors’ exploitation materials, but goes a step further to prohibit any Content that contributes to the sexualization of minors, including in imagery and text.
The types of Content we remove includes:
- Illegal child sexual abuse material;
- Sexualization or sexual exploitation of minors, like grooming, sexual remarks or inappropriate imagery–including in the form of cartoons and anime;
- Nude and sexual imagery involving minors;
- Content that facilitates unsolicited contact with minors, such as email addresses, phone numbers and physical addresses, to prevent contact intending to start an exploitative relationship;
- Comments on imagery of minors that are inappropriate or sexualized;
Tealfeed is against and does not allow Content/activities that encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm in any form/manner. It’s the moral responsibility of each one of us to stand united against such activities and we encourage all our users to report it to us, in case they come across any such post/user.
Tealfeed does not allow accounts that impersonate or misrepresent their affiliation with any person or organization. If you run a fan or commentary account for a public figure or brand, make it clear through your username that you aren’t officially affiliated with them.
Spam and Phishing
Tealfeed does not tolerate spam and phishing. If you are importing a mailing list from another platform, you are required to ensure it’s made up of people who explicitly subscribed-in to receive emails from your specific publication. We do not allow imports of email addresses that were purchased, scraped, or harvested from third party websites.
Similarly, the Tealfeed platform should not be used for spamming or phishing purposes. While interacting with other users in comments, chats or through the use of any other medium on the Tealfeed platform, do not send repeated, unsolicited messages, especially if your messages are commercial or deceptive in nature, and do not make repetitive or irrelevant comments. Comments should be authentic and original. We also ask that you be kind to others by keeping your comments respectful and constructive.
Tealfeed is not an email marketing platform and we do not permit the Tealfeed platform to be used for the sole purpose of advertising an external product or service, distributing offers and promotions, or similar activity. Do not link to websites that are unsafe, deceptive, untrustworthy, unoriginal, or that facilitate or encourage spam.
To make your Content eligible for getting distributed across the Tealfeed social media accounts and newsletters, the user Content must conform to the Tealfeed’s policies, as well as the following Content requirements:
- Complete your user profile so that it becomes easier for the readers to know who you are;
- Choose the right and relevant interests while publishing a post so that your Content gets distributed to the right audience;
- Do not publish any Content which raises the issue of copyright infringement. Tealfeed takes no responsibility and you are solely responsible for the consequences that arise from using copyrighted Content;
- Try making your Content as engaging and informative as you can. For example- Articles with an engaging title (and a meta description) and attractive images have a better chance of getting curated and distributed;
- All included Content must be relevant, substantial and informative. We strongly recommend you to proof-read your Content before publishing it;
- Use a proper structure in your posts to enhance the experience of the reader. For example, usage of sub-headings and choosing to italicise the sentences at relevant places (in articles) would increase the chances of your Content getting selected for distribution;
- The Content which is created with the primary aim to drive traffic to an external website, business, or product is less likely to be curated/distributed. The primary motive should be to enhance the learning experience of the people consuming the Content; and
- Content that includes requests for donations, and/or putting up Content with an aim to solicit money would not be curated/distributed.
Tealfeed reserves the right to distribute, use and share all the Content published on its platform across all social media platforms, newsletters, and for all the other branding/promotional purposes. These requirements, however, are the necessary requirements and might still not be sufficient to get your Content curated and distributed through Tealfeed.
Intellectual Property and Other Rights
To respect the rights of people on and off Tealfeed, please:
- Do not publish any material that was written or created by someone else and claim it as your own;
- Don’t infringe anyone's intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
- Don’t do anything or post any Content that violates laws or regulations; and
- Don’t use Tealfeed’s name, logo or trademark in a way that confuses people.
Flag inappropriate Content
As a member of Tealfeed, you can help maintain a safe and inviting space by reporting any behaviour that goes against these guidelines. If you see someone being rude, negative, hateful, divisive, or combative in the comments section, report it. All you need to do is click the three dots next to the inappropriate comment or under the person's profile, and then click Report. These reports are taken seriously, and Tealfeed supports a zero-tolerance policy for abusive behaviour.
All of these guidelines apply to messages sent between users on the Tealfeed platform. Messages should also be welcomed and relevant. In addition to users’ ability to report someone from sending additional unwelcome messages, we may warn or suspend accounts that violate these guidelines, including by sending messages that contain:
- Sharing or solicitation of sexually explicit Content
- Self-harm or suicide Content
- Hateful activities like racial slurs
- Harassing Content or behavior
- Exploitation of private information
Tealfeed does not allow or tolerate any language likely to offend or alienate people based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion. While interacting with other users on the Tealfeed platform, use stated pronouns (when known), and do not use language or adjectives that might offend or alienate any person or group of individuals.
Stay Relevant, & Share Your Sources
A new Content might prompt a dozen different types of comments, from a reader sharing a personal story to a newcomer asking for clarification. In every instance, do your best to stay on topic, support your replies with additional context or sources where appropriate, and focus on discussing the ideas presented. Site your sources to trustworthy articles, reports, and sources to support your arguments.
Keep It Constructive & Kind
Constructive contributions are the best kind. If you have knowledge that places the topic of the contribution in a new light, or if you have feedback about the subject matter — it's best shared in a way that helps everyone feel like this is a space where new ideas are respected and valued.
With every comment you make, you add to the dialogue. Many people may read your words and use them to shape their ideas and feelings about a topic, event, or person. Employ that influence wisely.
Report a Violation
If you come across any post/user account that violates the above-stated rules, write to us at email@example.com providing the post & user account details stating the issue with that particular post/user account.
If you break the rules
Tealfeed reserves the right to remove posts or suspend user accounts, without any prior notice, without stating any reason, mainly to protect and keep intact our services, infrastructure, users, or community. If any user tries to evade suspension by creating new accounts or posts, the new account and the Content posted from that new account would be removed immediately.
Whenever Tealfeed decides to remove any Content/ suspend the user account, we may notify you. However, if we have strong reason to believe that your account is automated, or that notifying you might cause harm to someone, we might choose not to notify you.
If any user believes that their posts/account has been restricted or disabled in error, or believe there is relevant context we were not aware of in reaching our determination, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider all good faith efforts to appeal.