Last Updated at: April 19, 2023
3. Community Guidelines
4. Copyright Policy
Tealfeed Private Limited (“Tealfeed”, “us”, “we”, “our”), provides content creation and marketing services through its website available at www.tealfeed.com, as well as media forms, media channels, mobile applications (collectively “Site”) and services (including but not limited to content on the Site, interaction with social media pages and communication with our teams) which are linked, or connected thereto (“Service(s)”).
Tealfeed requests the users (“user”, “you”, “your”) to carefully go through these terms & conditions (“Terms of Usage” or “Agreement” or “TOU” or “Terms”), which apply to your access to and use of the Site and Services, and constitute a legally binding agreement between you (personally and/or on behalf of an entity, as the case may be) and Tealfeed.
By clicking your consent (e.g., “Continue,” or “Sign-in”) and browsing/accessing the Site to avail our Services, you irrevocable and unconditionally agree to have read and understood, abide by and be bound by all these obligations as stipulated in this TOU.
In case you do not agree to be bound by all or any of the terms and conditions captured in this TOU, you are requested to stop using the Site and its Services immediately.
USING THE SITE
Who can use it?
The Site is intended for users who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. We have assumed that any users below the age of eighteen (18) accessing the Site and/Services is accompanied by a parent or a guardian who has read and agreed to these Terms of Usage and we strongly recommend that users below the age of eighteen (18) to be accompanied by a parent or a guardian at all times of accessing the Site/Services. Users who are at least eighteen (18) years of age may create an account if they wish to avail our Services. Any use of our Services by anyone under thirteen (13) years of age is expressly prohibited and by using our Services you represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years or older except under the guidance of their parents or guardians.
Tealfeed provides you a knowledge sharing platform that allows you to curate and market informative content through its Site and connected Services. In order to avail some or all of our Services, you are required to create an account by registering with your Google/Linkedin/Email account on the Site, which is protected through login information, including a username and a password, which is only known to you. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You are entirely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials. Should there be a log in to your account using such login credentials, it shall be deemed that your account has been accessed by you or any third-party to whom you have granted access to the account. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or any unauthorized access to the password for any account. You further agree not to use the account or log in with the username and password of another user of the Site if - (a) you are not authorized to use both or (b) the use would violate the Terms of Usage. Your account is tied to your creative output and cannot be sold or transferred for use by another users on the Site, unless expressly permitted by you.
With the intent to have a more user-friendly transaction model for payments, we use third-party payment processors to process payments for purchase of Services or any Content (including Third-Party Content) through the Site. We use Phonepe for users situated in India and Stripe for users situated outside India.
Before making any payments through third-party payment processors for making any purchases on the Site, you should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices of the above-mentioned third-party payment processors to which you navigate from the Site before making any payments, as these third-party payment processors may require your personal information to complete any purchases on the Site.
Closure of account
You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your account if you violate any of our policies (including these Terms) or for any other reason we may deem fit.
Changes to the Site
We are always trying to improve your experience on the Site. We may need to add or change features and may do so with or without notice to you.
By registering on the Site, you represent, warrant and agree that:
- all registration information (wherever applicable) you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary;
- you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms of Usage;
- you are not under the age of thirteen (13) and are accompanied by a parent or a guardian if you are below the age of eighteen (18);
- you are not barred from using the Services or accessing the Site under the laws of India or any other applicable jurisdiction.
- you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose; and
- your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or these Terms of Usage.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
For personal information of any third-parties you collect and provide to us, for eg. e-mail list you import by inviting them to subscribe (“Third-Party Personal Information”), you represent, warrant and agree that:
- all Third-Party Personal Information have been lawfully collected by you, and you have acquired all requisite consent to provide us such Third-Party Personal Information;
- you are not barred from collecting such Third-Party Personal Information under the Law of India or any other applicable jurisdiction;
- you have not collected such Third-Party Personal Information for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- our use of such Third-Party Personal Information for the purpose of which you provided us such Third-Party Personal Information will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any rights (including intellectual property or data privacy rights) of such third-party, and will not cause us to violate any applicable laws.
Tealfeed strictly restricts the use of the Site/Services in any manner which is inconsistent with any of our terms and policies, as well as any applicable laws. You can learn more by visiting our Community Guidelines [Click Here]. A summary of such restrictions that all users should abide by is as follows:
- You may not use the Site/Services for any purpose other than that for which the Site/Services are available. You cannot use it for any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed by us.
- You cannot systematically retrieve the data or other content from the Site without our permission.
- You cannot make any unauthorized use of the Site and our Services, including your usernames and email addresses or usernames and email addresses of other users on the Site.
- You cannot post any sexual or abusive content on the Site, including but not limited to pornographic material, sexually explicit language, or content that promotes violence or harassment towards other persons.
- You cannot use the personal information of other users on the Site, collected by you from your use of the Site/Services, for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- You cannot use the personal information of other users on the Site, collected by you from your use of the Site/Services for any commercial purposes, including but not limited to selling such personal information.
- You cannot circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce imitations on the use of the Site and/or the content contained therein.
- You cannot attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- You cannot harass, annoy, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing the portion of a Site to you.
- You cannot adapt the Site’s software, or delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from the content.
- You cannot disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site/Services.
- You cannot use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or our policies.
The Services can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Services and Content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Tealfeed intends to announce such Services or Content in your country. The Services are controlled and offered by Tealfeed from its facilities in India. Tealfeed makes no representations that the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Services from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
You are responsible for all your activity on the Site and the use of Services, and to ensure that you do not use the Site/Services in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or our policies. If your use of the Site/Services is prohibited by applicable laws, then you are barred from using the Site/Services. Tealfeed will not be responsible for your use of the Site/Services in an unauthorized or illegal manner.
You also agree that you will not use the Site/Services in a manner that:
- is fraudulent or threatening, or in any way violates Tealfeed’s Community Guidelines [Click Here];
- jeopardizes the security of your and other users’ account;
- attempts, to obtain the password, account, or other security information of any other user;
- violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- “crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of the Site (through use of manual or automated means);
- decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to Tealfeed.
- interferes with, or disrupts, the access of any user, host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, scraping, or by scripting the creation of Content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Site, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into your account, or run any processes that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Site;
USER CONTENT ON THE SERVICES
- While you are using the Site (whether through a profile or as a non-registered user), the Site provides you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, publish or broadcast, market and monetize content and materials on the Site. You can do so by adding posts, texts, writings, videos, audios, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively called “Contributions” or “Content”) to your profile to share with others. You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Site, your Contributions may be viewed by users of the Site and through third-party websites.
- The creation, distribution, transmission or public display and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights of a third party, including but not limited to the copyright patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- You are the creator and owner of, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Site and other users of the Site to use, your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms of Usage. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with your contributions. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of your Content.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, misleading, obscene, lewd, filthy or otherwise objectionable. Your Contributions are not unsolicited and unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam, mass mailings or any other form of solicitation.
- In case you are posting on behalf of an organization, in that case, that particular organization is responsible for the Contributions. This means a particular organization assumes all risks related to it, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy, copyright infringement (if any), or any other legal rights
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable laws, rules and regulations. Also, it should not violate privacy or public rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Contributions may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. Please don’t copy, upload, download, or share content unless you have the right to do so.
- If you publish a Newsletter on the Site, you are a “Publisher”. If you subscribe to a Newsletter publication on the Site, you are a “Reader”. A Reader subscribes to Newsletters directly through the Publisher’s Newsletter on the Site by clicking on the “Subscribe” button on the Publishers Profile Page or the Publication Home Page.
- A Publisher may offer Newsletter subscription for free or for a subscription fee, to be determined at the Publisher’s discretion. A Reader may subscribe to a Publisher’s Newsletter on the Site and agrees to incur any and all applicable subscription fee. A Publisher may set the subscription fee for its Newsletter, and may change the subscription fee on its sole discretion, however, no changes in the subscription fee will be applied retrospectively.
- A Publisher may delete one or more of his/her Newsletters from the Site at his/her discretion. However, please note that if they delete or stop publishing a Newsletter before the end of a paid subscription term of a Reader, any and all obligations – including any refund obligations for the remaining portion of the subscription term – are solely the Publishers’ responsibility. Tealfeed is under no obligation to issue any refunds to the Readers and we are entitled to keep any and all portions of any revenue share a Reader has paid to Tealfeed.
- In the event a Publisher and a Reader, Tealfeed does not have any obligation to facilitate the resolution of disputes, other than to direct any inquiries regarding a Publisher’s Newsletter to the appropriate Publisher pursuant to the Creators Agreement [Click Here].
You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted below.
Any original content you post, upload, share, store, or otherwise provide to Tealfeed remains yours and is protected by copyright and any other applicable intellectual property laws. It also includes newsletters, subscriber lists, and any information that you provide to obtain a Tealfeed username and account.
License and Permission to Use Your Contributions
- By submitting, posting, or displaying your Contributions on the Site, you grant Tealfeed a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public, and otherwise use your Contributions in connection with the operation or use of the Site or the promotion, advertising or marketing of our Services, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
- We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to store, edit, reformat, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. Your Contributions might be used by the Tealfeed for promoting its brand & Services. We would, however, never sell your Contributions to any third party without your consent.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve your Contributions and may also disclose your Contributions and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of your Contributions violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Tealfeed, its users, or the public.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
- The Site may contain links of the other websites as well as the articles, photographs, graphics, pictures, designs, music, videos, information, application, software or any other content belonging from the third parties (“Third-party Content”).
- Third-party Content is not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy by us and we are not responsible for any Third-party Websites or Content accessed through our Site.
- If You decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware that these Terms of Usage no longer govern you.
- You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services.
- You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site.
- Contributions – including newsletters – published on Tealfeed is the sole responsibility of the person or organization from whom such content originated. You access all such content at your own risk. We aren’t liable for any errors or omissions in any contribution and you hereby release us from any damages or loss you might suffer in connection with a Contribution.
TEALFEED CONTENT AND MATERIALS
Our Content and Materials
All intellectual property in or related to the Site (specifically including, but not limited to our software, Tealfeed marks, the Tealfeed logo, but excluding your Contributions) is the property of Tealfeed, or content posted by other Tealfeed users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
All data we collect (“Data”) about use of our Site by you or others is the property of Tealfeed. Data does not include your Contributions and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
Our License to You
- Subject to your compliance with this TOU, Tealfeed grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, and non-transferable license: (i) to view and download any content of Site solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes; and (ii) to access, modify, edit and download any Content. You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted herein.
- You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Site and Services, except as expressly permitted in the TOU. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Tealfeed or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in the TOU. The Site and the intellectual property rights vested therein is owned by Tealfeed.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the Site or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these TOU, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
Tealfeed provides the users a knowledge sharing platform, which allows the users an opportunity to access and view the contributions of, and engage in interactions with other users on the Site. While interacting with other users on the Site, you are solely responsible for exercising due caution to ensure the safety of your personal information and your intellectual property.
Tealfeed does not control or guarantee the quality, safety or legality of Contributions of any users on the Site, the truth or accuracy of the Content on the Site, the information provided by any users through the Site, or the integrity, responsibility or any action of any users on the Site. Hence, you are solely responsible for your interactions with other users on the Site, and while Tealfeed does not take part in any interactions amongst the users, we may, in our discretion, help facilitate the resolution of disputes between the users and reserve the right but not an obligation to provide support in the event a dispute arises between the users.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we and our managing members, employees, shareholders, affiliates, agents, and suppliers will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or multiple damages, or any loss or profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, or goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from: (a) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Services; (b) the conduct or content of other users or third parties on or through the Services; or (c) unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will our liability for all claims relating to the Services exceed the greater of any amount towards subscription, if any, paid by you to Tealfeed.
Tealfeed Connect Payment, Refunds, and Cancellation Policy
Creators have an option to offer services through the Tealfeed Connect feature. You have an option to conduct free calls - otherwise known as “Discovery Calls”, and/or conduct paid sessions on Tealfeed. Creators may set their fee at their own discretion, and Tealfeed takes no intervention in pricing of the services, and it is at the sole discretion of the Creator to price their services as per their will and responsibility.
Policies Related to Rescheduling and Cancellation/Refunds:
- If a mentee/mentor requests a reschedule, and mentor/mentee does not accept (/acknowledge) the reschedule request, the session shall take place on the originally decided date, and there would not be any refunds.
- If a mentor cancels a session, the fees paid by the mentee would be refunded to the mentee.
Mentees are expected to attend all scheduled sessions. If a mentee does not show up for a session, it will be considered a no-show, and in that case there will be no refund or rescheduling for that session, and the amount would be deposited in the mentor's account.
Intellectual Property Rights
All the source codes, databases, software, website design, audio, videos, texts, photographs, functionality and the graphics on the Site and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained are owned and controlled by us and are protected under Indian Trademark and Copyright laws and other Intellectual Property laws. Our Content and Materials are provided on the Site on an “AS IS” basis for your information.
We reserve the right to modify, change or remove the contents from the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without any notice.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements.
In case any dispute arises, to expedite resolution and control the cost of dispute related to the Terms of Usage brought either by us or by you, the parties agree to first attempt to negotiate the dispute informally at least before 120 days before initiating arbitration, the proceedings of which shall be in accordance with the (Indian) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The venue and the seat of the arbitration shall be New Delhi. These Terms are governed by the laws of Republic of India and the courts in New Delhi, India (subject to the arbitration) shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising between you and Tealfeed.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of your Contributions, use of the Site, breach of these Terms of Usage, any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms of Usage, your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, or any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site with whom you connected via the Site.
Infringement of Intellectual Property
Tealfeed reserves the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing the intellectual property rights of others, and to terminate accounts of repeat infringers. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law; please report such notices using our Copyright Policy (Click Here).
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we’ll provide you with notice of them by sending an email to the email address associated with your account, offering an in-product notification, or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you don’t agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You may not assign, delegate or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your Tealfeed account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without our prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations without consent.
No Joint Venture
You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are not an employee, agent, partner, or joint venture of Tealfeed, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind us in any respect whatsoever.
You agree that these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and us, and that it supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms.
Disclaimers: The Services are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and to the extent permitted by law without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. While we attempt to provide a good user experience, we do not represent or warrant that: (a) the Site and Services will always be secure, error-free, or timely; (b) the Site and Services will always function without any delays, disruptions or imperfections; or (c) that any content, user content, or information you obtain through the Site will be accurate.
Any content downloaded from or accessed through the services is accessed at your own risk, and you shall be solely responsible for any damage to your property, resulting from accessing such content. No advice or information whether oral or written obtained from Tealfeed or through the services will create any warranty not expressly made herein. We cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to the Site and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside our control.