Last Updated at: April 19, 2023
3. Community Guidelines
4. Copyright Policy
Tealfeed Private Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) has adopted this Copyright Policy (“Policy”) towards copyright infringement under the applicable laws of India and is in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 of the United States.
A copyright is a form of legal protection for original creative works, such as audio-visual content, art, and music. Under this Policy, infringement occurs when it is claimed that the content or materials (“Material”) has been illegally copied, reproduced, created or distributed by any of our creators, users, clients, affiliates, collaborators or advertisers (“Creator”) of any other person’s or copyright owner’s (“your”, “you”) original work without his/her permission.
If you believe that your copyright is being infringed, you can report your concerns by filling out the following Form [Click Here] or contact us at email@example.com. Pursuant to this Policy, we will process copyright notices in the order we receive. Please note submitting duplicate notifications may delay processing. On receiving the notification, we may either:
- Block access or remove the Material that we believe in good faith to be a copyrighted material that has been illegally copied, reproduced or distributed by any of our Creators; or
- Suspend or Warn repeated offenders, and in serious case, permanently terminate user account
If we remove or restrict access to user content in response to a notice of alleged infringement, Tealfeed will make a good-faith effort to contact the affected account holder and provide information concerning the removal or restriction of access along with instructions for filing a counter-notification.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements
If you believe that your Material is available on our website, or is accessible through our platform or through our services (“Platform”), you can inform us by filling a Form [Click Here] containing the following information:
- Description of the Material you claim to be infringed – Make sure that you clearly and completely describe the Material you claim to be infringed and you are trying to protect and a copy of or link to your original work;
- Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Tealfeed to locate the material on our website or services (e.g., a link to the infringing post);
- Your contact information - your address, contact number and email address;
- A declaration stating that the copyrighted Material you claim to have been infringed is not authorised to use by you, or your agent;
- A declaration that the information provided by you is accurate and you are authorised to make the complaint; and
- Your signature – a physical or an electronic signature shall be required to complete your notice.
Once your notification is received by us, we will either:
- Remove or disable access to the infringing Material;
- Terminate the repeated offender, if any;
And shall notify you about the same through an email.
If you are unsure about the copyright infringement and it is found that you are misrepresenting that the Material is infringing, you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorney’s fees, incurred by us and/or any of our Creators. If you aren’t sure whether the Material you are reporting is in fact infringing your rights, you should consult an attorney before sending us a copyright infringement notification.
When Creator receives a Notice
If the Creator receives a notice (“Copyright Notice”) from us through email, it means that the content described in the notice has been removed from Tealfeed or access to the content on Tealfeed has been restricted. The Creator should carefully read our notice to him/her, which includes information about the notification that we have received regarding his/her content as well as instructions on how to file a counter-notice.
Counter-Notice by the Content Creator
If the Receiver of the Copyright Notice believes that the Material which has been disabled by us or has been removed from the Platform, or he/she believes and proves that he/she has the right to use that Material, the Creator can provide a counter notice containing the following information on the same email thread that they received the Copyright Infringement Notification:
- Creator’s personal details i.e., full name, contact number and email id;
- Identification of the Material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled (the description from the Copyright notice will suffice);
- A declaration stating that the Creator has the right to post and use such Material ;
- A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will suffice);
When we receive a valid counter-notice, we will promptly forward a copy to you (the person who raised the copyright infringement notice). If we don’t receive a counter-notice from the Reported Creator within 10 (ten) business days of receiving the Copyright Notice, we may disable access to the removed material permanently.
Please note reposting Material removed in response to a Copyright Notification may result in permanent account suspension. If the Creator believes that the content was removed in error, please file a counter-notice instead of reposting the Material.
Repeat Infringer Policy
Tealfeed is interested in maintaining the quality, originality, and legality of the content we host. To best serve our community and to meet our own legal obligations to copyright holders, we have adopted the following Policy towards repeat copyright infringers on our Platform.
Copyright claims are complicated, and they are frequently used to silence or censor the types of reporting and commentary that we hope to support. As a result, we are committed to dealing with repeat infringers on a case-by-case basis for as long as our caseload allows. Our goal is to take corrective action seriously rather than mechanically.
A corollary to our commitment above, we strive to consider the greater context of copyright claims in deciding on remedial action. This includes asking about the nature of reported incident, significance of free speech, credibility of reported, and history of infringers.
We will consider whether remedial action is appropriate when:
- A request for remedial action against an alleged repeat infringer is brought to our attention through a credible third-party complaint sent to an appropriate channel;
- We have received more than 3 (three) complaints about different pieces of content from the same user in the same calendar year.
We will consider any appropriate remedial action currently available in our content moderation workflow, potentially including: Written warnings, limiting access to our services and (not limited to) termination of account.
Transfer of Information
If you have any further questions or queries, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The notices described in this Policy are serious legal actions with potentially serious consequences. Information submitted in notices is not private. Your copyright notice will be sent to the Creator. We reserve the right to publicly post and share redacted copyright notices for transparency reporting purposes. Copyright disputes are tracked for purposes of our Repeat Infringer Policy. Our policies and the DMCA both commit us to taking action against repeat infringers, and we will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in certain cases.
Think Long Before filing a Copyright Dispute Claim
Please think carefully before submitting a claim, especially if you aren’t sure whether you are the actual rights holder or authorized to act on a rights holder’s behalf. There are legal and financial penalties for fraudulent and/or bad-faith claims. Please make sure you are the actual rights holder, or you have a good-faith belief that the Material posted leads to copyright infringement, and that you understand the repercussions of submitting a false claim.