Last Updated at: April 19, 2023
3. Community Guidelines
4. Copyright Policy
Creation of a user profile (“Profile”) on our Site is optional but comes with many added benefits including access to certain additional features and enhanced experience such as the ability to customise your Profile and experience through selection of topics of your choice etc. Anyone who has the credentials of your Profile will be able to see your activity on the Site, including the people you follow, your posts etc.
If you do not log out of your Profile, the account remains logged in automatically. This technology will help you to access your Profile easily and you will not be required to re-enter the credentials. You are advised to log-out of your Profile after use if you are accessing our Services on a device to which others have access to.
You get exclusive rights to use our Services and other functions like sending messages to us or other users, checking the announcements, and getting updates about the new Services on our Site through your Profile.
COLLECTION OF DATA
While you are using the Service (whether through Profile or as a non-registered user), we collect your Data directly or indirectly provided by you via an account and Profile created by you on our Site, which includes:
Information that is given by you: Your name, display name, username, email address, photo, bio and any other data associated with your Google/LinkedIn/Email account (“Identifiable Date”) that is provided by you when you create an account and Profile on our Site. In addition to this, we may also collect your business information, your content, including your avatar image, photos, posts, comments, and content published by you, and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as email lists that you import for inviting them to become a subscriber. We will use this information to fulfil your request and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your request, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
Information that we automatically save: We automatically save the information about the use of our Service as well as the information regarding your network, network devices, browser version, mobile devices and other media devices when you use our Service or view our content. This includes:
- Usage Data, that is, information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), information about your device (system configuration, browser type, browser version), referral information (how a user reached a particular page) such as referral URLs, connection information, unique identifiers and other diagnostic data;
- Log Data such as your activity on our Site including the pages you visit, location, timestamp and date of your visit, use of the Service (product features including the topics you follow and the posts you engage with);
- Data regarding your interaction with our customer care services such as the date and the time, and the reason for reaching out to us;
- Data from the internet service providers or the other media device providers who make our Services available on their devices;
- Browsing Data on third party sites and services that have embedded our Tealfeed pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services.
- Transactional Information: When you do any payment transaction according to the Payment and Refund Policy (Click here), we collect information about the transaction, such as transaction details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
Information from the other sources: We also collect your information from other sources that will include:
- Third-party platforms (“Platforms”): If you create or log into your Tealfeed account through a third-party platform (such as Google, LinkedIn), or third-party applications through which you communicate with our team, we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, lists of connections, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
- After creating a Tealfeed account, you may be able to connect your social media account(s) (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc) with Tealfeed and we may collect and store information related to those accounts, limited to information publicly available.
- Security service providers who protect the Data in our systems, prevent fraudulent activities and help us in maintaining the security of the accounts of the users;
- Data providers, such as advertising related data;
- Content creators who provide us the branded content.
User Research Studies and Surveys: We conduct research about current, former, and prospective creators and users. If you choose to participate, then we may observe how you use our Service and may record video, audio, and images of you using our Service and your interview with our researchers. As part of these research studies, we may also ask you to answer survey questions, including about how you use Tealfeed and how you perceive Tealfeed’s Services and brand. On the basis of these surveys or research studies, we will store your responses to our questions.
USE OF DATA
We use the collected Data for the purpose of providing, maintaining, enhancing and promoting our Services, to develop new ones and to protect Tealfeed and our users, which is inclusive of the following:
- To enable you to access our Services;
- To gather metrics to better understand our users and their choices and monitor the usage of Services and user activity in order to test and improve our Services and revise/personalize the Site and the Services accordingly;
- To carry out our business operations in compliance with the standard legal obligations, and for target-specific business administration purposes.
- To notify you about updates/changes to our Services, related to this Policy, and other terms and conditions if any, and inform you about new versions or features of our Services;
- To communicate with you directly regarding update/or changes in our policies, inform you about the conduct of any fraudulent act, breach of data security or send emails/notifications regarding any new announcement or new messages at your Profile.
- To maintain the security of our systems and prevent any misuse, illegal or fraudulent activity;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so, for example, your post, your interaction with other posts in form of comments, or sending message to the admin or anyone;
- To provide customer care and support and resolve the queries of the users;
TRANSFER OF DATA
If you are located outside India and choose to provide Data to us, then we shall transfer the Data to India and other countries and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We do not disclose your personal Data with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Tealfeed, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent: We will share your anonymised personal Data with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Tealfeed when we have your consent to do so. By accessing our Services, you have consented to the use of Data hereunder.
- With members of Tealfeed: We will be sharing your limited Data with other users of Tealfeed for the purpose of content creation, providing you access to our Services, customer support and similar purposes. For example, if you use our Services to publish content, post comments or send chat requests, certain information like your name, photo, bio, and other account information that you have provided, will be visible to others.
- For legal reasons: If we are bound by the governing law, rules, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental requests, then we may disclose limited Data with companies, organisations or individuals outside Tealfeed if we believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the Data is reasonably necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Tealfeed, our users or the public as required or permitted by applicable laws; If we are going to disclose your personal information in response to legal process, we may give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will object to legal requests for information about users of our Services that we believe are improper.
- With service providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”) who meet our data protection standards, to provide Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. For example, we use Stripe (a third-party payment provider) to receive and process your credit card transactions for us. Such third parties further include, but are not limited to, providers of: website hosting; maintenance services; email services; security services; content delivery networks; customer support operations and software services; traffic and usage analytics services; and cloud storage and computing services.
- With researchers: We may share data, with your consent, with researchers who use the Data for academic or non-profit purposes, through aggregation, anonymization or pseudonymization after ensuring that the same shall not be used for any illegal or fraudulent purpose. By accessing our Services, you have consented to the use of Data hereunder.
- For security purposes: If any illegal activity is assumed (technical or payment fraud), then in order to protect the users and the public, and to defend the right or property of Tealfeed, we may disclose the Data.
All the users of our Services must consent to the use/transfer/storage of their Data in India or any other country where we operate, and where such Data is collected and stored by us in form of backup copies, including content of your account and Profile, to prevent loss of data due to errors or system failures and for other purposes stated in this Policy. This allows us to retain the files and Data on our servers even after you delete/terminate your account. By accessing our Services, you have consented to use/transfer/storage of your Data in accordance with this Policy. We restrict access to such Data and only allow access on a need- to- know basis in order to provide you access to the Services. We do not process your Data for automated individual decision-making, including profiling.
Users are entitled to withdraw consent to the use of their Identifiable Data by emailing a specific request to us. Withdrawal of consent to use all or any part of Identifiable Data may result in the immediate withdrawal of any rights provided to you, including access to our Services (including to the Site) provided by us. Users may access, correct, delete and export your account information by emailing a specific request to us. Please note that if you choose to delete your account, we may continue to retain certain information about you as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Consent to email communication
When you register your email address with us, you agree to receive email communication from us, entities specifically authorised by us, and other users. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails, updating your communication preferences or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Consent to receive newsletter
When you provide us an email address and the information required that allow us to verify your email address, you agree to receive a newsletter. The processing of the Data entered in the newsletter registration form is based exclusively on your consent. You can revoke your consent for sending the newsletter at any time, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. The legality of the data processing operations already carried out remains unaffected by the revocation.
The Data provided to us for the purpose of subscribing to the newsletter will be stored by us or the newsletter service provider until you unsubscribe from the newsletter and will delete from the newsletter distribution list after you have cancelled your subscription. Data that has been stored by us for other purposes remains unaffected.
After you have been removed from the newsletter distribution list, your e-mail address may be stored by us or the newsletter service provider in a blacklist to prevent future mailings. The data from the blacklist will only be used for this purpose and will not be merged with other data. This serves both your interest and our interest in compliance with the legal requirements when sending newsletters.
COOKIES, PIXELS AND ANALYTICS
You give consent to the placement of Cookies by us on your browser/application, as well as to other Service Providers that we use for specific services, and who may place their own Cookies in your browser/application. Most web browsers are set to accept Cookies by default. You can instruct your browser/application to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
THIRD PARTY EMBEDS
For example: Usage of Google Calendar API
If you wish to take advantage of seamless integration with Google Calendar, you may authorize Tealfeed to access your Google Calendar. Google Calendar will request for following permission:
Read Calendar Events - To check your availability. We will schedule calls only when you are available on your Calendar. You may just update your availability on Google calendar and leave rest on us. We will not use this permission for any other purpose.
Add Calendar Events - Whenever a booking is made, it will automatically be added to your Google Calendar giving you a seamless experience.
Edit Calendar Events - When the time of booking is changed, it will automatically be updated in your Google Calendar.
Delete Calendar Events - Whenever the booking gets cancelled it will automatically be removed from your Google Calendar.
With the intent to have a more user friendly transaction model for payments, we use third party payment processors to process payments for purchase of Services or any other content through our Site. We use Phonepe for users situated in India and Stripe for users situated outside India.
We have encrypted payment transactions on our Site. The payment transactions via the usual means of payment (Visa/MasterCard, Stripe) are carried out exclusively via an encrypted SSL or TLS connection. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. In the case of encrypted communication, your payment data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
For more details, you can refer to our Payments and Refund Policy.(provide link)
We take appropriate security measures to protect user data from unauthorised access and its unauthorised alteration, disclosure, or destruction. We use managerial safeguards and different measures to keep all the collected Data safe and prevent any identity theft, unauthorised access or use to the data, or any loss. The measures are framed by keeping in mind the risk factors associated with the data of the users/or public, hence we try to provide a level of security. In particular:
- We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our website/services;
- We review our data collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems;
- We restrict access to personal data to Tealfeed employees, contractors and agents on a need- to- know basis in order to process it for us to enable the provision of our Services to our users, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
When you register with us, your account is protected through login information, including a username and a password, which is only known to you. Therefore, you should not share your login information with anyone. Any breach thereof shall constitute a violation of this Policy and may result in closure of your account in certain cases. If you become aware of, or reasonably suspect any breach of security, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately.
The data collected and processed in accordance with this Policy is hosted on servers located in India and outside India, and we take steps to ensure that such data is processed and stored in accordance with this Policy and the applicable laws.
However, we believe that our users understand that no data transmission is 100% secure over the Internet and a user is using our Site/Services solely at his/her/its own risk/discretion. We recommend all the users on our Site to take reasonable measures to secure their account. In case you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSFER OF BUSINESS
We retain your data as long as your account exists on our Site. It is clarified that certain analytical data will continue to be retained by us even after your account ceases to exist. You have the right to request a copy of your data that we hold at any point in time. Upon your request, we shall provide the same to you in a structured format.
You shall also have the right to request for correction or deletion of any data, in the event of your deletion of or correction on your account, by emailing us a request at email@example.com from your registered email address. You have the right to ask us about restricting or limiting the way we use your data. You may, at any time, withdraw your consent to us from processing your data. However, any such withdrawal will not affect any data that has already been processed.
Our Services are not intended for use by children below the age restriction of 13 years of age. We do not collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 years, and children below 18 years of age can access the Site under the guidance of their parents or guardians. Before taking any personal information, we take your consent, therefore, if you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children below 18 years of age without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. Please contact us if you believe that any child under the age of 18 years has submitted any personal details to us.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We confirm that this Policy is the description of its operations regarding the user data. Subject to the provisions in this Policy, the liability of Tealfeed shall be limited to the removal of data from the systems and the removal of other personally identifiable elements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Policy and elsewhere, the aggregate liability of Tealfeed for all claims for damages under the provision of the Services, including claims concerning the violation of this Policy, shall be governed by the provisions under the Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of our Service constitutes your agreement to this Policy and any amendments thereof.
In case of any queries, you can always write an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.